Thursday, September 17, 2026

1403. என் கதை – Dr. Delphine Victoria






I love reading books during my train journeys. "என் கதை" by Sam George, aka Dharumi, is one such book that completely drew me in. I couldn’t put it down and ended up finishing it in one sitting.

What I loved most about the book is its simplicity and humour. The narration is so natural and effortless that, while reading, I often felt as though I was walking alongside the author, listening to him tell me his story.

Some parts of his life were particularly touching. Reading about how he lost his mother at a very young age and then had to live in his பாட்டையா’s house. this made me to pause and think about how painful that experience must have been for a child.

What makes the book even more real is that Dharumi does not try to portray himself as a perfect person. He openly shares his weaknesses, mistakes, struggles and experiences. That honesty makes his story relatable and human.

His life as a professor and the lasting impact he made on his students also touched me deeply. The friendships he formed, valued and nurtured over the years are another beautiful part of his story.

His experience in the hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 was very painful to read. The support he received from friends, relatives, students and even strangers during that difficult period was truly moving. people do come together when someone is going through a difficult time.

And then there is his prison experience. it must have been very difficult but becomes the ultimate comedy 😊in his narration! That ability to find humour even in difficult situations is perhaps one of the things that makes the book so enjoyable.

"என் கதை" is not simply a book about one man’s life. It is a story about childhood, loss, friendship, teaching, mistakes, difficult times, strength and, above all, living life with honesty and humour.

On a personal note, I truly admire the way Dharumi has chosen to use his retired life so meaningfully—writing, translating books and continuing to connect with readers through his words.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment